Thursday, October 2, 2008

Civil Service

On October the 1st I started Jury Duty. I really thought that I would get in there and never really be called. Well, that is what I get for thinking. I have ended up on a jury. The judge thought the trial would only last 2 days. Guess What? That's right it is going on the third day. They told us when the assembled all of the prospective jurors that we wouldn't be held over 4:3o. Yesterday and today both we didn't get out until after 5. This morning before court I decided I would get up early and get ready because yesterday it was hard to find a parking place. It was a good thing I did. I went out to the car this morning to take Cierra to school and my car wouldn't start. My first thought was "OH SHIT"! Here I have to be at court and we are going to go to Florida in just a few days. Chad ended up having to leave work to get Cierra to school and me to court. After that he went home and got my car started. Apparently, it is something with the security system. He had to reset it. After Chad got the car fixed he decided to go fishing. So he loads the boat up and heads out. When he gets about half way to the river the tire blows on the boat trailer. I think it is safe to say the Sluder's have had a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.