Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Today was a good Christmas Eve! One of the best one's we have had since my grandmother passed away 8 years ago. When she was alive we would always go to her house on Christmas Eve and have dinner and see my dad's side of the family. For the most part, that was the only day of the year I would see them. So today my dad came down and I fixed him lunch. I had made him his favorite pie which is raisin pie (yuck). He really enjoyed it. We just really enjoyed spending time together. I also fixed him some peanut brittle.
Tonight the girls are having a hard time sleeping. I figured since this was the first year Cierra knew Santa wasn't real that she wouldn't be as excited. I think she is more excited than she has been in the past. I have to say I'm real excited too! I cut back a lot on spending this Christmas but I think it helps us remember what this time is suppose to be about. Which is Family and Jesus. I hope everyone that is reading this has a very Merry Christmas!